When focused, creative, deep thinking work is needed, where do you go to be inspired?
I find my routine office space just doesn’t fit the bill when I’m trying to synthesize information and knowledge. That’s when I find a new place or time to empower my highest skills. I …
- take my work to the park. Of course, this really only works in the summer here in the north, if you want to be outside. If you have a small team, consider renting a lodge for the day or a pavilion.
- find another space at a different building within my company. If you work for a large company, they likely have rooms to reserve in different buildings.
- go to a friend’s house, one that has their business in their home. Chances are they may have a space just right for spreading out for the day to do your deep thinking, alone or with a small team.
- work in a different time of day, just for a specific project. For me, it is early, early morning or late at night after everyone in my house has gone to sleep.
- break the work into chunks and inspire my creativity with seemingly unrelated activities that activate my right brain, such as taking a walk, collaging with magazine pictures, listening to Mozart, baking. Those are my ways and you probably have different ways to activate your right brain.
Don’t be shy about making the space or time fit the important work you want to get done; that is what keeps your business moving forward.
Let us know how you inspire your own magic, we like to be inspired to take our own magic to higher and higher levels.