Over 5 weeks, 8 core team members met with 25 people a total of 6 hours face to face; connected with 50 people by email; and inspired 100 volunteers to support a dinner fundraiser that raised $28,000 (the goal was $10,000). Why was this so FAST and POWERFUL? We
- HAD VISION AND AN OUTCOME – support a local family in need financially, emotionally and physically.
- SHARED OUR UNIQUE GIFTS – we had facilitative leaders that created structure, inspired others to give, followed their own passion and hundreds of others followed – and Super Cool T-Shirts really helped people get involved.
- SPENT TIME TOGETHER, reflectively and actively – Our first informal get together to discuss how to support our friend instantly became once a week work sessions, one hour at a time. We split our time together between REFLECTION and ACTION.
- DIDN’T SKIP THE TEAM & PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT WORK (REFLECTION). This is important. Some wanted to skip it and they pushed hard, but we gently asked them to participate. This is how you speed up your process! Don’t let your busyness, your GO FAST energy lead you down a path that skips this part. This is when and how people get to know each other, begin to trust each other, begin to know they are connected even if they didn’t feel a connection before. We made it easy, something different each week — draw a picture from the Let the Picture Pick You Deck to represent a successful fundraiser, pick an Angel from the Angel Deck to hold during the week as you approached the work, pick a quote and share your own awareness of yourself right now. Not too hard and very powerful.
- COMMUNICATED ORGANICALLY — There were amazing communicators and they came forward, fully. They are the people that share and build ideas in the moment with others that then share and build ideas with more people, who then think, link and build ideas into action. There was no ego or turf owning, just pure desire to accomplish the vision and outcome. Communicating involved a email, texting, conversations during walks, shared documents online – if you haven’t used dropbox or google drive you might want to try them.
REAL RESULTS: Dinners were served to the family every weekday night, the first fundraiser brought in $28,000. 8 core team members met together with another 15 people for only 6 hours over 5 weeks, communicated out and gathered 100 volunteers (including kids!). We served 800+ dinners, auctioned 100 baskets and 12 big ticket items, and inspired real community. We also spent time together in gratitude by writing 200 thank yous!
Our friend and her family are feeling our love! We all enjoyed the power of an aligned team! I got to continue building my facilitative leadership mastery and I made some new friends along the way. As I said, overwhelmingly powerful team experience.